THE LABOUR MARKET SEES ANOTHER MONTH OF GROWTH
THE AUGUST NATIONAL EMPLOYMENT REPORT
AUTHOR: CUSHMAN AND WAKEFIELD KINGSTON | DATE: SEPTEMBER 13TH, 2021
Cushman and Wakefield Research Canada has released the August National Employment Report and things are looking good as this is the third consecutive month of employment growth.
Here are the highlights Cushman and Wakefield Research Canada have identified:
- "Last month's employment rates increased by 90,000.
- Unemployment rates diminished from 7.5% to 7.1%.
- Private sector employees saw the majority of employment gains and were primarily in full-time positions.
- Among workers who worked at least half of their usual hours, the proportion working from home fell 180 basis points to 24% in August, the lowest share since the onset of the pandemic.
- Self-employment was little changed in August, remaining 7.7% (-220,000) below its pre-pandemic level"
More from Cushman and Wakefield Kingston:
- Commercial Property For Sale
- Commercial Property For Lease
- Sign up for our newsletter to stay updated
- Contact us