11/27/17 Thank you from The Push for Change!
Cushman & Wakefield Kingston - Inspired by the Dedication & Success of The Push for Change, and Proud Supporters!
The Walk is Over, The Work is Just Begun . . . Check out the Video Links!
A message from Joe & Marie:
After 517 days and 9064 KM we made it into Vancouver!!
We put together this video for you to watch. It’s pretty inspiring stuff.
We cannot thank you enough for supporting The Push for Change. We are proud of our accomplishments and could not have done all of this without our supporters:
- Successfully walked 9,064 km from St. John’s NL to Vancouver BC
- 517 day campaign (did we mention no breaks?!)
- 453 events (53 more than anticipated!)
- Supported by OPP, RCMP and hundreds of Municipal Police Enforcements
- Hosted by 200+ Loyal Community Champions
- Fully funded before we launched (all of our trek expenses paid!)
- Engaged with 200 Schools (over 100,000 students!)
- Fundraised $575,000 (for youth homeless prevention initiatives)
- Dozens of support letters from municipal, provincial & federal government
- 500 Media interviews (good thing Joe likes talking!)
- 7 Million Social media impressions
- Visit with Prime Minister Justin Trudeau
- Shaw’s Outstanding 50 Canadians award
- Commemorative 150th Senate Award
- OPP Commissioners Badge of Honor
- John Graves Medal
- Celebrated Federal budget $11.2B for Social Housing
- Celebrated Federal budget $8M for youth homeless prevention
- $1,000,000 commitment from our presenting sponsor for the Legacy of the Push for Change!
With the “walk” complete, we are now in the process of planning the Legacy of The Push for Change which involves us continuing to inspire, educate and empower students, working in schools with our law enforcements partners across Canada.
On behalf of the tens of thousands of people The Push for Change impacted we want to personally thank you for helping to make it possible.
Thank you for being with us every step of the way.
Joe & Marie Roberts
PS If you’re inspired and looking for a 2016 tax break, donations are still being accepted online, you will receive a tax receipt instantly, all donations made until December 31, 2017 will continue to fund The Upstream Project.
Inspire. Educate. Empower. All in the name of preventing youth homelessness!
The Push for Change is a CRA Registered Charity BN# 86361 6017 RR0001
Share << Back